7.1.11

We're Engaged!

October 29th, 2010 - After I said yes. Still weird but ecstatic!
Right after dinner, Joe suddenly developed a stomach ache so he suggested we go home. I wanted to stay and finish my wine but he insisted that we really had to leave so I go, "That bad, huh?"

We walked home, still reeling from the surprise and the weirdness of now being, officially, a fiance. I rang the doorbell playfully, and unknowingly gave the roomful of people waiting for us in our pad, the sign that we were coming up.

As I opened the door, all I saw was a face in the dark and immediately I thought, "Oh my god, we're getting robbed!" So I ran towards the stairs as our friends screamed, "Surprise!!!" And then laughter followed. And then more laughter and drinks followed, with some of the best people we're so lucky to have in our lives.

I never really thought we'd have an engagement party. But I guess that's what it was. Who would've thought?

1 comment:

  1. There is some great video footage of Ana running away from the surprise! Maybe she will share if she's not too embarrassed.

    ReplyDelete